The crafts of India are diverse, rich in history, culture and religion. The craft of each state in India reflects the influence of different empires as well as ways of life. Throughout centuries, crafts have been embedded as a culture and tradition within rural communities. At Moi Namaste, we have worked with crafts clusters across the country with the aim of providing sustainable livelihood opportunities for them and celebrating their amazing skills and stories.
In the last year, we have been lucky to have met some amazing craftspeople and women artisans across India. Since the beginning, we have been able to collaborate with 14 craft groups employing over 250 artisans, of which 90% were women.
Currently, our products are made by::
- Aftertaste, Mumbai
- Umang Shridhar Designs, Bhopal
- Maha Shakti Seva Kendra, Bhopal
- Nitin Textiles & Handicrafts, Jaipur
- Prabhat Society for Child Development, Delhi
- Kailash Pattwa family, Chomu
- Runway Nagaland, Nagaland
- KalaGhar, Orissa
In the past, we have collaborated with:
- Ridhi Sidhi Textiles, Jaipur
- TMBC, Jaipur
- Bombay Paperie, Mumbai
- Okhai, Okhaimandal
- LEERA, Sujangarh
- SURA, Cuddalore
ARTISAN PROJECTS SO FAR
So far, a portion of our earnings have been used to provide resources to our women artisans as well as host community events during Indian festivals.
During the pandemic, we also helped raise nearly 2500€ with the help of 48 donors across Europe, for three vetted fundraisers:
- Mazdoor Kitchen: Providing free meals & subsistence to daily wage earners
- Help India Heal with Pink Maharani: supporting trauma counseling for children impacted by COVID-19
- Barefoot College Tilonia: Providing covid relief to rural Indian families
Additionally, 3230€ was raised for Moi Namaste artisans through our Founder's personal network. The funding was used to provide food & ration kits to our artisan families in Bhopal, Mumbai and Odisha.
You can find stories about our makers and their respective organizations in blog section. If you are interested in visiting our makers in your next trip to India, send Pukhraj an email at email@example.com